After hard physical and mental work, stressful situations as a result of past diseases, a person experiences fatigue. This is normal and natural. If this state does not last long, and after a good and long rest you feel a surge of strength, you should not worry. In the case when fatigue, weakness and apathy do not go away, they talk about chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). This is not just a special condition that does not allow a person to live a full life, but a disease that requires treatment. Despite the fact that the nature of this disease has not been fully established, there are effective methods that involve the treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome with folk remedies.
Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue
Chronic fatigue syndrome is difficult to diagnose because many of its symptoms are similar to those of other diseases. In addition, this condition may be the result of certain pathologies.
So, chronic fatigue is not just a lack of energy for a long time. It cannot be cured by long rest. If symptoms characteristic of the syndrome occur within six months, the diagnosis is confirmed. Symptoms of chronic fatigue include:
- Decreased performance, fatigue, weakness, lack of strength for a long period of time.
- The appearance of sleep problems – insomnia, daytime sleepiness, superficial sleep.
- The emergence of an irresistible desire to retire.
- Pain in muscles, joints.
- Feeling unwell after physical exertion, lasting more than a day.
- Memory impairment, difficulty concentrating.
- Apathy, lack of motivation, desire to do something, loss of interest in everything that happens.
- Irritability, mood swings, depression, increased anxiety.
- Regularly manifesting signs of a cold – sore throat, runny nose, fever.
- The occurrence of allergic reactions, sensitivity to odors.
The most prone to developing chronic fatigue syndrome are young people aged 20 to 45 years. Women are especially vulnerable to this disease. This is due to their excessive emotionality and responsibility.
How to treat chronic fatigue syndrome?
As a result of a large-scale study, it was found that it is possible to effectively deal with chronic fatigue syndrome using a combination of the following areas of treatment:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is a treatment aimed at making the patient aware of their thoughts and feelings and getting rid of negative thought patterns.
- Physical exercises, exercise therapy.
- The right diet, aimed at increasing the intake of antioxidants in the body and reducing the formation of free radicals.
It follows that the treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome at home is more than possible.
Recommendations for self-treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome:
- Get exercise on a regular basis. The perfect combination is aerobics, strength training, walking and yoga.
- Avoid entering the body of any toxic substances.
- Follow a diet that helps prevent the formation of cell-damaging free radicals: reduce the calorie content of food or simply push back dinner time so that it is no later than 3 hours before bedtime.
- Choose foods rich in antioxidants , as well as sulfur and selenium.
Products to help manage CFS
The list of products that help overcome chronic fatigue, as well as support immunity and well-being, includes:
- Cruciferous vegetables – cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, white cabbage, broccoli.
- Animal products – eggs, dairy products, offal, pork, beef, chicken, turkey.
- Herbs – cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric, milk thistle.
- Nuts and seeds.
Effective Recipes to Combat Chronic Fatigue
There are also proven folk remedies with which you can cure chronic fatigue syndrome.
The use of grapes
Fresh grapes have a tonic effect. It contains many useful vitamins, trace elements, antioxidants. Thanks to its properties, the human immune system becomes stronger, which contributes to the speedy recovery from chronic fatigue syndrome. A bunch of grapes or a glass of fresh fruit juice 30 minutes before a meal is enough for the body to recover and recharge.
Milk with chamomile
For 200 ml of milk, you need to take 1 tsp. pharmaceutical chamomile. The mixture should be boiled for 20 minutes over low heat. After the milk broth has cooled down a little, 1 tsp should be added to it. honey and mix well. Next, the liquid part must be separated from the sediment. Take this remedy 40 minutes before bedtime.
A mixture of nuts, lemon and honey
It allows the body to recharge with energy for the whole day. For its preparation you will need: walnuts – 1 cup, chopped lemon – 1 pc., honey – 200 ml. The scheme of taking this remedy is 3 times a day, 1 tbsp. l.
An effective remedy in the treatment of chronic fatigue, rich in antioxidants. You need to take 2 tbsp. l. crushed pine needles and soak them in 0.3 liters of plain water. Next, you need to boil this mass for 20 minutes on low heat. After it cools down and is filtered, add 3 tbsp. l. honey. You need to take 1 tsp daily. half an hour before meals. The number of doses per day – 3 times.
Kissel from oatmeal
This wonderful drink perfectly fights chronic fatigue. Washed whole grains of oats in the amount of one glass are soaked in 1 liter of cold water. The pot with this content must be put on fire and boiled until the jelly thickens. The thick liquid part must be drained into another bowl and mixed with 2 tbsp. l. honey.
It is necessary to take this “medicine” orally with or before meals, half a cup twice a day.
Due to the fact that it contains many useful substances, it has a calming effect on the nervous system and a relaxing effect on the entire body. For its preparation, it is necessary to mix kefir and water in proportions of 2: 1. The best time to consume it is before bed.
Onions need to be chopped, mixed with honey in equal parts. The prepared mass should be in a dark place for three days. The number of doses per day – 3 times 1 tsp. The duration of this treatment is 2 weeks.
To prepare it, you need to take 4 tbsp. l. berries, they can be freshly picked or from the freezer. They should be lowered into a pot of boiled water (400 ml), turn off the fire and insist for three hours. Compote should not be drunk at a time: it should be drunk half a glass 4 times a day. Raspberry has a strengthening effect on the immune system and helps to lift the mood.
Chopped grass in the amount of 1 tbsp. l. it is necessary to fall asleep in a container with boiling water (200 ml). To saturate, the broth should stand for half an hour, after which it must be poured through a sieve into another bowl. Every day you should drink a glass of this remedy, but not at a time: you need to divide it into 3 doses.
Chronic fatigue syndrome can and should be dealt with at home. To do this, you will have to reconsider your lifestyle, diet, use effective and safe folk remedies, and also put your thoughts and feelings in order.