Multiple sclerosis is a chronic neurological disease. Scars appear in the brain and spinal cord. Many people think that this is a disease of the elderly, but adolescents and young people often get sick. In sick people, the symptoms may vary.
One of the reasons is viruses that live in nerve cells and destroy them. There is also a predisposition to disease, various operations, stressful situations, lack of vitamin D. Also, unhealthy diet, poisoning with various substances, radiation and especially smoking.
The main symptoms are:
1. Numbness, tingling, pain, itching, burning. It starts at the fingertips. Weakness. Hands and feet do not obey;
2. Colors change, vision decreases. Often only on the one hand. Everything is blurred and doubled. Flies before the eyes;
3. Tremor. The limbs and sometimes the trunk are shaking. It becomes impossible to work;
4. Pain in the head is a common symptom of the disease;
5. Taste changes, desire to eat disappears;
6. Impaired swallowing and speech. Slurred and slow speech;
7. Change of gait;
8. Muscle spasm as a result of which a person cannot subdue his arms and legs;
9. Increased sensitivity to heat. The symptoms are aggravated by overheating;
10. Decreased mental capacity. The concentration of attention decreases, memory becomes worse, information is poorly absorbed, it is difficult to switch from one thing to another;
11. The head is spinning. It starts at the initial stages and intensifies further;
12. Constant fatigue. It gets stronger after lunch. A person feels not only physical, but also mental illness. The person is sleepy;
13. Loss of sex drive. Libido in women decreases. Sexual contact can be painful. Menstruation is disturbed;
14. Long-term sleep disturbance. Difficulty falling asleep. Restless sleep;
15. Vegetative disorders. In the morning, the temperature rises, the pressure decreases, the heart rhythm is disturbed;
16. Depression and anxiety appear. Often a person tries to commit suicide, cope with the problem of alcohol;
17. Urination worsens. Often runs to the toilet and sometimes does not have time to run;
18. Occurrence of constipation and fecal incontinence;
19. Hearing impairment is possible;
20. Smells are subtle.
Course of the disease
During relapsing exacerbation, remission changes. It happens that organs and tissues are restored. Does not lead to disability.
Benign with abrupt onset and many severe attacks. Later, the symptoms of the disease decrease and the organs have time to regenerate.
Primarily progressive becomes worse when the first sign is detected.
The ability to work is quickly lost and disability begins.
Secondary progressive gradually, but in five years there will be a disability.
Conduct a survey, inspection. Doing an MRI. With two or more foci, a diagnosis is made.
It cannot be completely cured, but with good treatment, the quality and duration of life improves . It is necessary to be registered with a neurologist. A large dose of hormones accelerates recovery and shortens the duration of flare-ups. Vitamin B, E, antioxidants reduce symptoms. Tranquilizers are used to treat depression. Symptomatic treatment is often used. Eat more fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts. Remove fish, pork, eggs, chocolate from the diet. Drink coffee only in the morning. Better to stop buying or reduce the number of cigarettes to four a day. Do not take alcohol at all, it contributes to the destruction of the myelin sheaths.
Exacerbations are rare. Relapses are possible six months after birth. After an abortion, the risk of remission is the same as after childbirth. Children are born full-term and healthy.