Snoring is not a sentence and snoring exercises will help to cope with it. There are special complexes for the upper palate and tongue, breathing exercises and regular exercise for preventive purposes.
Anyone can snore: a man, a woman, a child. The reasons are different, but a decrease in the tone of the muscles of the soft palate is more common. Medication and aids may not always help. In such cases, it is worth performing exercises against snoring: from a variety of techniques, anyone will choose a comfortable gymnastics.
How Exercising Your Larynx Can Help Stop Snoring
All complexes of breathing exercises, yoga, physical exercises were developed specifically to combat snoring. The smallest details are thought out, so precision of execution is important. Exercises are aimed at:
- strengthening the muscles of the larynx;
- increased tone of the soft palate;
- strengthening the muscles of the tongue;
- training of the lower jaw;
- formation of correct breathing.
With the correct implementation of the set of exercises from snoring, the muscles of the soft palate are tightened, they stop sagging, the tone of the pharynx increases. Due to this, snoring disappears, because it is the low hanging tongue that creates these rattling sounds.
Exercises for the upper palate and tongue
Snoring not only causes inconvenience to others, but can also cause apnea – nocturnal holding of breath. This will happen if the uvula and soft palate completely block the access to the larynx. Snoring exercises are aimed at preventing sleep apnea.
Gymnastics will be effective if snoring is caused precisely by a decrease in the tone of the palatine muscles, and not by diseases.
The effect of charging will not be noticeable immediately, so be patient. Doing gymnastics is required twice a day. Do the complexes for 10 minutes. After about 30 days, the result will be visible.
- Pull your tongue out of your mouth as much as possible. Hold this position for a few seconds. Remove the tongue. Perform 30 times.
- Grip a pencil or pen firmly with your teeth. It is required to keep the jaws tense for 3-4 minutes.
- Put a clenched fist on your chin. Move the lower jaw forward while resisting with your fist. Requires 30 reps.
- Open your mouth wide. Perform circular movements with the jaw, first 10 times clockwise, then 10 times counterclockwise.
- With your mouth closed, press hard with your tongue on the upper palate. Hold this position for a minute, then rest for 30 seconds. And so 3 approaches.
- Strongly tighten the muscles of the neck, pronounce the sound “and” out loud 25 times, then the same sound “y”. You can alternate them.
A set of exercises for men
When choosing exercises for men, you should know that they will be effective for uncomplicated snoring. You need to make sure that there is no curvature of the nasal septum, excess weight, cardiac pathology.
To achieve a result, all exercises are required to be performed systematically. Skipping classes is unacceptable.
The gymnastic complex is required to be performed twice a day. In the morning, such exercises will have a tonic, strengthening effect, in the evening, 30 minutes before bedtime, they will prevent a snoring attack:
- Extend your tongue as far as possible, move it from side to side 10 times. Remove back, reach with the tip to the soft palate, trying to reach the uvula. Repeat 30 times.
- Keep your head straight. Start moving the jaw from side to side, imitating chewing. There must be at least 50 such movements.
- The next snoring exercise is best done outdoors, as oxygen inhalation will be beneficial, especially before bed. Throw back your head, looking up at the sky. Make the lips a tube, whistle 20 times on exhalation, then on inhalation. Do not force breathing, exercise measuredly. Repeat every other day.
- Gargling is good for strengthening the larynx. Make a weak saline solution, perform the procedure 2 times a day. Loud gurgling should be heard during the process .
- Strengthening the muscles of the tongue is also important. Perform gymnastics with your mouth closed, breathing measuredly through the nose. First, firmly press the tongue to the upper palate, then push it back into the pharynx as much as possible. Then press firmly with the tip on the upper teeth. Hold each position for 10 seconds. Do 15 reps.
- Strongly push your lips to the sides, imitating a smile. Then bring them together as if for a kiss. Repeat 30 times.
Breathing exercises can be added to such exercises for snoring at home for men. You need to do it for at least 30 days. During this time, improvement should come, and with an easy stage, the annoying problem will leave forever.
Respiratory gymnastics from Strelnikova
Gymnastics from snoring according to the Strelnikova method is a complex of breathing exercises. These simple activities, when done consistently, can help cope with snoring.
The set of exercises developed by Strelnikova consists of 12 parts. Beginners are encouraged to start with the first three.
You need to bend your elbows, placing your open palms at chin level. The palms are facing forward. Take a noisy breath through your nose, while clenching your hands into fists. Then exhale slowly, palms open. It is required to complete 24 repetitions, after 4 taking a break for 4 seconds.
The author advises first of all to learn the correct noisy inhalation when the wings of the nose are pressed against the nasal septum. Also, do not force exhalation, otherwise hyperventilation can be achieved.
Put your feet shoulder-width apart, head straight. Clench your hands into fists, place them at waist level. While inhaling, lower your hands sharply down, unclenching your fists, spreading your fingers.
At this moment, tension should be felt in the shoulder girdle , shoulders, and hands. You need to repeat the series of inhalation-exhalation 8 times with a break of 3 seconds.
Legs shoulder-width apart, arms lowered along the body. Slowly bend your back, lowering your arms to the floor, take a sharp breath. On exhalation, unbend, but not completely. Perform 12 reps with a break of 3 seconds.
Strelnikova’s gymnastics should be performed daily for at least 30 days, so you can achieve a result in getting rid of snoring. If a day is missed, then it must be worked out by increasing the number of repetitions.
Exercising from snoring before bedtime will tighten the muscles of the palate and nasopharynx, raise their tone. This will be an excellent prevention of snoring. Breathing exercises will saturate the blood with oxygen, which will be the key to a good sleep.
You need to do the exercises half an hour before going to bed. After gymnastics, a light massage of the collar zone will be useful, it will relieve unnecessary stress.
The exercises in this article do not have to be done all together. You can choose 3-4 and the first week to do them. Then change the complex. With a minimum of effort and time, it will be possible to cope with snoring and sleep well.